Rische Family

Rische Family

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Time flies...


Our baby girl is 6 today!  It seems as if it was only yesterday when she was born, our little 6 lb. 4 oz. peanut!  Ahh..what a cutie she was and still is today.  She has been a spitfire from the minute she was born and continues to be to this day.  She never misses a beat and is wise beyond her years.  She has enjoyed school to the max and we occasionally get a note/e-mail from the teacher to say what a joy she is in class.  Somedays we wonder about her attitude and sassy personality, and as most parents struggle with setting boundaries and consistently enforcing rules, she reminds us what a miracle she is and we thank the Lord for giving us two beautiful healthy children. Happy Birthday Brooklyn!!!

Well since we've been celebrating birthdays, passing around the stomach flu, and working at our paying jobs the house has been a SLOW work in progress.  Dustin did get the majority of crown moulding on the cupboards, part of the backsplash up, another door hung, the fireplace framed, undercabinet lights hung, hardware on, countertops screwed down, more wood stained, and the appliances all hooked up....ok so maybe he hasn't done ANYTHING at all, but it sure feels like we should be further done. I am tired of living out of boxes, not having a dresser for my clothes, not being able to find my kitchen spices and small appliances I need when I need them.  Ok, now I'm whining, but I guess my dad did tell Dustin when we got married..."I spoiled her for the first 24 years of her life, now it's your problem."  Poor guy!! 

I am on call this weekend, so all of you reading this post please pray for good health for the entire Redfield and surrounding communities and that I find the knowledge and resources to treat those that need my assistance! For anyone that knows me ER is the least favorite part of my job!! Luckily the nursing staff is fabulous! Plus I need a nice weekend to get some work done around the house. 

I will show you a few new pictures, but keep in mind there is no grout on the backsplash and there is dust on the cabinets.




This is in the corner of the living room, in the picture below there was a shelf in the right upper corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment