Rische Family

Rische Family

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Progress....


We have made little progress lately, but have kicked it into high gear this week knowing the in-laws are coming home soon!  Not that we don't love them dearly, but I am sure they would like their house back and I would LOVE to have a home to call our own and SOON!  I texted my father-in-law asking him to return and motivate Dustin...his reply...patience is a virtue...My reply...You've known me long enough to know I don't have patience! His reply..Me either and probably never will!  But he also hasn't come to rescue me, so maybe he's secretly trying to teach me a life lesson or it could be the fact that he's too busy enjoying the sun and getting a tan on the golf course in Nevada!
 
Dustin fortunately has been busy with his business as I recently posted, but this momma has lit a fire under his caboose this week and he is makin' headway!! Go honey go!!  Carpet is scheduled for Wednesday 2/13 in the living room. The painting is all but completed, just a few minor touch-ups here and there. We have a small amount of floor grouting to do.  The kitchen has everything, but a functioning kitchen sink, trim, and some crown moulding, minor details right?!  The fireplace is almost ready to be rocked and the trim is stained/finished and ready to be put up.  We have some work to do on the bay window yet and the living room will be completed. 

You ask...well what else could be left?  Oh yeah...the 2 bathrooms. I told you I was spoiled, right?!  I know...I know who needs a functioning facility on the main floor..... ME! The tub is in, floor down, the walls painted, so we just need to tile the tub surround, put in the faucets/shower heads, put in a new closet door, hang some mirrors, which aren't made yet and build a vanity. That's right...I have kindly asked him to build me a double sink vanity for the main bathroom.  We did agree on a vanity/sink combo for the 1/2 bath, so he's off the hook for that one! He has the wood for the vanity, so we have made some progress! Stay tuned for those pictures. 
 
I will put some pictures up of the latest improvements...sometimes I feel like I am a host on HGTV giving the play by play of a remodel, but in S-L-L-O-O-W-W motion.
While grouting I called my family and reminded them to admit me to a
 mental institute if I mention a remodel again.



Fireplace ready to be rocked. Dustin even
made the oak mantel as I requested.

Door to the coat closet in the living room!

My "pop" of color in the kitchen!
Wade says it's out of the 70s, so I said I'm tryin' to keep some authenticity
to the house since it was built in the 70s!
Sounds good, right?!... when the truth is
I just like red!

"Looks like it's level to me dad!"

No comments:

Post a Comment